30.8.12

HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS (THE ALEXA MUHLACH WAY)


I am clueless on how to socialize. My friend (yeah, you, oh wait you aren't reading this nevermind) teases me whenever she gets the chance. Which is always. She says I only know about 7% of the school. Maybe less. I think she's right. The main reason is, of course, I am completely mad. I know people would think I'm weird. Which I am. But it does no good if you were to advertise your whole awkwardness for all the world to mock. I still try to widen my social circle, mostly because my parents tell me to. So, just for fun, I wrote a guide on how I make friends.


STEP 1: Greet them politely, but, awkwardly.

This works better if you knew them before or at least talked to them once. Or if they know you by name. My preferred greeting is "Hey" in a drawn out tone. And if you know their names, use them. Also, include a little wave. The one I use for first time greetings is the finger-ripple-wave.

STEP 2: During classes, talk to the seatmate that you don't know about random things.

Random things include: food, elephants, music, movies, turtles and cheese. If you have random facts, do tell. But, don't introduce yourself. Unless they ask you, of course.

STEP 3: Two words: BASIC ORIGAMI.

This is always what I do. It's never failed me before. I'm not an origami expert, but, I know the basic stuff. Like airplanes and boats. I can also make a spaceship. I am currently learning the frog and the crane. This works best if the person who you are trying to socialize with doesn't know how to make these things and so requires you to teach them.

STEP 4: High School Musical songs.

Our ritual! We always sing HSM songs during lunch break. Sing with your friends and the singing will attract more people. The bonding time with your classmates is really important and music is always a willing outlet to provide you with the time and the fun. HSM is really effective, especially Gabriella's emo songs and Bet On It. This step isn't exclusive to only HSM songs. You can sing anything but it's better if the songs are really catchy and you can clap or snap to it.

STEP 5: FOOD.

Like they say, the way to a heart is through food. The most important ties are made during meal times and so it is with friends. Food is close to the most perfect thing that people can have an emotional bond with. Just have a trade and barter session and it is assured that you'll make friends.


And that dear readers (if anybody is actually interested in this blog) is how I, your nerdy gawky writer, expand my already tiny circle of friends and would-be friends. It works for the people in my school. They actually warm up to me the first three days. Oh, and this guide can't guarantee you to be friends with snob popular people. That kind requires you to make effort to appear effortless. I know, I know. They don't make it easy. Anyway, I hope this actually helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment