5.9.13

LIEBSTER AWARD (OH!!)








A week ago, I was nominated by one of my best blogger buddies, Sam, for the Liebster Award. Although I know she only did it to help me feel more or less elated, I am flattered that my sad excuse for a blog is somewhat worthy enough for a mention. Thank you Sam!

What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Probably Friday because the rest of the weekend lies ahead before you. There's a whole world of prospects out there and it always make me happier, even though it's a tiny bit, to think that I wouldn't have to deal with people if I don't feel like doing so. Fridays are when I tear through the confines of misery and social rejection. Nothing bad ever happens to me on a Friday. At least for now.

Describe your music taste.
I don't listen to a lot of mainstream music. Just a little though whenever my sad indie songs don't play well. I really like songs that take me to new places and lyrics that explore new frontiers of emotions. In my opinion, a great artist arouses a new person in each of us and what makes a song precious is that a fresh personality exists only within the several minutes that limits the track.

Favorite breakfast food?
PANCAKES NO DOUBT. 

Books or Movies? Why?
I won't deny that I am something of a cinephile. I love movies. But I prefer books over films any day. Mostly because books challenge me to occupy sort of a different universe every time. I love how words come pouring out of the page straight behind your eyes only to start simmering at the back of your mind as if embedded there. When I read a book, I feel like I am sharing an intimate moment with the author, as though he or she were sitting in front of me and telling me the story themselves. 

Rainy or Hot days?
Honestly, rainy days take the cake. I live by the idea that the rain can rinse me of all that I'd like to let go of. Unfortunately, it's not working too well at the moment.

Give three songs you love but would be too embarrassed to sing?
I'm not sure. I sing all the songs in my guilty pleasure playlists. (I know this isn't much of an answer I'm so sorry)

Describe your 7th birthday.
I WENT TO HONG KONG DISNEYLAND AND IT WAS AMAZING!! I rode Space Mountain countless times until I felt like the world was going to fall out beneath me. I also ate a lot of egg tarts. Come to think of it, that may be able to justify my vomiting in my bed when we were back at the hotel. 

Describe your favorite Christmas day.
I spend my Christmas days sleeping, but, I do have to answer this. My favorite one was when I had a dream where I was in the north pole and I met a gingerbread man. Santa was there, with all his elves and reindeer. I got to eat a whole room made of candy, too. That was a good dream.

Any memories you know you'd never forget? Why?
I never remember anything in detail. I mostly remember how it felt to be in that certain point of my life. I know I'd never forget a feeling. It's a difficult thing to have. I've been through some of the happiest bits of my life so far and I live in constant fear of never being able to feel that way again. But, even more bothersome is how painful it is to relive memories. Truthfully, I am exhausted and I just want to forget.

Describe what you're feeling right now with a book title.
Smiles To Go (written by Jerry Spinelli, it's good okay go read it)

I nominate:
Jorelle, from Finding Jorelle
Rachelle, from Rachelle's Adventures

My questions:
1.) What is the first thing you notice in a person's appearance? Why?
2.) What are your top 5 songs when on a road trip?
3.) Describe your typical Saturday morning.
4.) How do you feel about school?
5.) What are you most afraid of?
6.) Would you prefer to be a turtle or an ant? Why?
7.) Do you still watch cartoons? If so, give examples of your favorites.
8.) If you were to go on a trip to another country, who would you like to travel with?
9.) Describe your first memory.
10.) Have you ever wanted to say something to someone but are too afraid to do so? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment