17.8.12

IN A BOTTLE

I've heard of the phrase "in a nutshell." It's used for when you summarize things. I don't like using that phrase. I like to use "in a bottle" instead. I don't know why. I'm not even trying to be original here or whatever. I use "in a bottle" when I write in my journal. I don't actually say it.

Well, anyway, I promised constant nonsense updates about my life and even though I am absolutely sure no one is even reading this, I'll type them down. So in a bottle, my life currently consists of Laura Marling's music, chapter books (not from the teenage romance genre), hot chocolate, The Amazing Softball Miracle (I'll explain in the next paragraph) and Flaming Hot Cheetos. Laura Marling is my female Ed Sheeran. Her music is so beautiful. I wish they play her songs on the radio instead of the silly Justin Bieber singles.

Anyway, The Amazing Softball Miracle (as I've dubbed it) happened yesterday. I am not good at sports. From an early age I just knew, I suck at it. Mostly because I don't like becoming sweaty and am too lazy to actually exert much physical effort to do anything. Okay, so to the point, we have Softball in our PhysEd curriculum this year and until the Miracle happened, I've never caught a ball or threw properly or ran properly or anything at all. Then, yesterday I suddenly got better at it. There are no words I can use to properly convey how much of a mystery this is to me. So maybe most people won't really understand, but, I think it's a really big deal.

I just realized this post is becoming waaay too long and awkward for my liking. So, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment